Application of this policy
What is personal information
Location Information: With your consent, we may collect two kinds of location information through your use of the services on your mobile phone or device. To identify stores near you and to appropriately enable the services, we may gather location information through your mobile phone or device’s geolocation, GPS, or similar capabilities. We refer to the location information collected through your mobile device’s applicable geolocation, GPS, or similar capabilities simply as “Location Information.” We will only gather these kinds of Location Information if you agree to share them with us by opting-in to the services (either during your initial app download, login or later) to receive the services and by enabling these capabilities on your mobile device. Once you have opted-in to receive the services and consented to our gathering of Location Information, the AirBrowz Application and services will continue to collect Location Information until you log off (they will gather Location Information if they are running in the background) or use your phone’s or other device’s setting to disable your mobile device’s applicable geolocation, GPS, or similar capabilities for the AirBrowz Application or services. We treat Location Information as personal information.
Collection of personal information
We receive and store any information that you provide to us, either directly or through your use of our Services. For example, we collect Personal Information from you when you contact us with inquiries, respond to one of our surveys, or use certain Services.
Use of your personal information
You acknowledge that AirBrowz may use personal information that you voluntarily disclose to us to:
- Provide you with information about new products, services, newsletters, informative e-mails, and research on future product ideas or improvements;
- Assist us in creating or providing content that is relevant to you;
- Provide you with special offers that may be of interest to you and to improve your experience on our Web sites or with our services;
- Assist us in creating better products and services to meet your needs;
- Allow you to purchase and download products, obtain access to services or otherwise engage in activities you select;
- Provide you with technical support;
- Help you quickly find software, services or product information important to you;
- Send transaction-related communications such as welcome letters, and product/service order confirmations. AirBrowz may also send you surveys or marketing communications to inform you of new products or services or other information that may be of interest;
- Restrict the availability of some of the products, services and content to certain parts of the world, where required for legal reasons, by using your address, IP address and other information in order to enforce those restrictions; and
- Enhance our Service’s functionality or features, providing you with information about specials and stores, and to otherwise operate our business. We may also share certain information, such as Location Information with our business partners so that they may better serve you with offers or otherwise.
You may always choose not to provide personal information, but if you so choose, our products and services may not be available to you. You agree that you are under no obligation to provide us with this information and can access many aspects of our Web sites without providing us any personal information.
Disclosure of your personal information
- AirBrowz may disclose your personal information with your prior consent;
- AirBrowz may be required by law to disclose personal information without your consent in the event of emergency situations or when required by government or other legal authority;
How to opt-out / withdraw consent
You can withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information at any time by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by disabling the AirBrowz application. Information may be retained by AirBrowz for audit or archival purposes or as required by applicable federal and provincial laws.
How long we keep Personal Information
AirBrowz maintains information about you for as long as we provide service to you, and longer for related business activities. After information is no longer necessary for our business purposes, we destroy the information unless there is an outstanding request or order to preserve the information.
Safeguards we have in place
AirBrowz stores and process your personal information on our servers/computers principally in Canada as well as internationally. AirBrowz employs reasonable managerial and technical measures to ensure that your personal information is secure. In addition, our dedicated team of information technology professionals works to maintain data accuracy and prevent unauthorized access to sensitive information. Unfortunately, no security system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and cannot assume liability for improper access to it. The Internet is not a secure medium and you acknowledge and agree that the privacy of your e-mail communication and personal information can never be guaranteed as any e-mail communication may be lost, intercepted or altered. By using our Web sites, or providing personal information to us through any means, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our Web sites and our services.